The Missouri Governor’s Mansion Harp, donated by the Pillsbury Family, was built in 1995. Lyon & Healy created the style of harp in 1890; this complex harp is symbolic of the Victorian era during which it was first made. Our harp’s style is one of the most recognized in the world. The highly embellished floral carving as the crown, top of the column, base and feet, is coupled with a fleur de lis pattern at the bottom of the column.
In August 2017, the harp was shipped back to Lyon & Healy for evaluation andrestoration. The 23-karat gold leaf detailing will be restored to its original luster.